Sunday, January 22, 2012

Supermodels

 Two Rews took the trip.
Two Blues went along. 
They are very photogenetic.

A bunny friend of mine recommended me to an animal talent agent awhile back. We tried to connect for a few things but dates did not work out. Finally, I had what they needed and the date was good so off we went to NYC in a snow storm for a photo shoot. Four of my Jersey Wooly babies were the right age, 8 and 9 weeks old, and so cute and fluffy. Two REWs and two blues were chosen to come along, a brother and sister each.

Show bunnies travel well even at a young age, but to be sure, I took them on a few rides in the car in their travel crate during the week before. Posing them since they were young babies helps with the "stay still" part. The studio doesn't let you know who or what you are posing them for to keep their clients to themselves so I didn't really know what to expect.

Adorable child models started arriving, got there makeup done, hair blown out and styled and beautiful silk and satin flowered dresses were put on. Some of these little models were as young as four but very practiced with each smile and small movement expected of them. I was in awe of their poise and cuteness.

They were positioned on a white garden bench with a small easter basket and then they called "Bunny on Set!". I was cracking up everytime they said this as it seemed like they were for calling for Angela Jolie or Brad Pitt. But the bunnies sat on laps, snuggled into necks and were cradled in arms just like the pros would. They were great and very professional. My biggest worry was they would stain one of these beautiful, on loan, dresses or the very pretty children that were holding them. Phew, thank goodness they didn't, what a relief. They are my babies and I love them no matter what, but they sure amazed the studio staff at how they acted just like pros. I am very proud of my small Supermodels and hope to get to view the photos at some point in time.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great story, Dru! Hope you'll have a chance to post a copy of the photo after it gets released. Would love to see one!
Blessings,
Lisa